Although seafood is really prominent in my diet, I realised I hardly share my recipes for cooking them.
Ready in 5 minutes, these prawns are a dream to cook and eat. Great for a summery feast in a flash. I really dived into this for Sunday lunch and leftovers for Monday supper, shamelessly licking my fingers.
SMOKED PAPRIKA & GARLIC PRAWNS
1 tbs olive oil
600g Tiger Prawns (heads off)
3 garlic cloves (finely grated)
5cm peeled ginger (grated)
A handful of cherry tomatoes (quartered)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt flakes (I use @cornishsea_salt)
A small bunch of coriander
Let's get cooking!
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet or @lecreuset pan like mine on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add the prawns with shells on, along with tomatoes, grated garlic, ginger, spices, and sea salt flakes crushed with your fingers. Stir to coat the prawns and tomatoes with the spices.
3. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes on both sides. Turning once a side turns a deep pink colour.
4. If serving prawns in the same pan, and one which conducts heat effectively such as cast iron, take it off the heat 4 minutes into cooking as it will continue to cook.
5. Serve with chopped coriander, or like me, torn coriander. You will need your fingers to thoroughly enjoy this.
See cookery classes here if you will like a seat on my feasting table. If you enjoyed this recipe, please like and share with the world. I love reading from you, so share your pictures when you do try it.
Remember to tag me @leratofoods
on Instagram and Twitter & @leratolovesfood
on facebook and use the hashtag #leratofoods
so I can easily find your posts.