MOROCCAN SPICED VEGETABLES & COD
Couscous with home made carrot stock & preserved lemon
Use your favourite fish
Try this recipe at home with your favourite vegetables and I look forward to reading and hearing about how you get on.
Don’t forget to tag #leratofoods on all social media channels. I love seeing pictures of your home cooking and sharing it to inspire others. As always send me your questions or let me know how you made this your own! @leratofoods
Moroccan Spiced Roasted vegetables with cod.
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cod fillets
2 courgettes, chopped into small pieces
2 aubergines, chopped into small pieces
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ginger
Freshly ground black pepper
Let’s get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Brush fish on both sides with olive oil and season with sea salt flakes and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Toast seeds and grind to coarse consistency with pestle & mortar. Cooking with whole seeds is life changing. I promise you! But please feel free to use readily available ground spices as they are time savers.
4. Season chopped veg with crushed toasted spices, all other dry spices and mix well with olive oil.
5. Spread onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minute or until cooked.
6. With 10 minutes left until veg is cooked, place the seasoned fish on top of the vegetables and bake for 10 minutes. (Or bake separately if you prefer)
7. Switch your oven to grill for 5 minutes for lovely crispy skin. Et voilà! Minimal effort with maximum flavour!!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. As always drop me a line if you have any questions or ideas you will like to share. Check out our facebook and instagram pages for more @leratofoods and you can also subscribe to the newsletter to receive updates and member treats. SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Lerato Foods & Naturals uses affiliate links which help to support our content. All referral links are for products we use in the kitchen at home and in the cookery school. These links may include commissions at no extra cost you to. Thanks for your support.