Looking for inspiration for supper and the weekend?
A light and healthy roast that packs a punch, one you can cook for yourself, your family and for a dinner party. We do love our dinners!
We love to serve this with couscous pimped up with saffron or preserved lemon.
Couscous with home made carrot stock & preserved lemon
We are lucky to be a le to buy fresh and sustainable fish from our local fish mongers. Swap cod for your favourite fish and adjust the recipe according to thickness of the fish.
Use your favourite fish
Try this recipe at home with your favourite vegetables and I look forward to reading and hearing about how you get on.
Don’t forget to tag #leratofoods on social media so I and others can find them. You can also find this recipe on Instagram where you can easily tag and share with friends and family https://www.instagram.com/leratofoods/?hl=en
Moroccan Spiced Roasted vegetables with cod.
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cod fillets
2 courgettes, chopped into small pieces
2 aubergines, chopped into small pieces
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ginger
Freshly ground black pepper
Let’s get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Brush fish on both sides with olive oil and season with sea salt flakes and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Toast seeds and grind to coarse consistency with pestle & mortar. Cooking with whole seeds is life changing. I promise you! But please feel free to use readily available ground spices as they are time savers.
4. Season chopped veg with crushed toasted spices, all other dry spices and mix well with olive oil.
5. Spread onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minute or until cooked.
6. With 10 minutes left until veg is cooked, place the seasoned fish on top of the vegetables and bake for 10 minutes. (Or bake separately if you prefer)
7. Switch your oven to grill for 5 minutes for lovely crispy skin. Et voilà! Minimal effort with maximum flavour!!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. As always drop me a line if you have any questions or want to chat about food which is my favourite topic.
If you will like to join us in our fabulous cooking classes, see our upcoming dates in Brighton, Eastbourne & London here.